What is Electronic Visit Verification?
The 21st Century Cures Act, passed in December of 2016, encouraged reform and supplementation in multiple aspects of health care practices. One component of this act is the need for all Medicaid personal and home health care providers to implement Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) by January 1, 2019. Failure to meet this deadline will result in a decrease in Federal medical assistance for those providers. The Federal EVV mandate requires affected providers to electronically verify:
- The type of service performed
- The member receiving the service
- The date of service
- The location of service delivery
- The care provider responsible for the service
- The time the service begins and ends
While the EVV mandate is a part of the federal 21st Century Cures Act, many states, like New York, have additional requirements that providers must adhere to in order to be EVV compliant.
New York Office of the Medicaid Inspector General describes EVV as a “EVV is an electronic means used to capture the services provided to a Medicaid beneficiary at the point of service”.
Who Is Affected?
- Certain home health providers whose services exceed $15 million in Medicaid fee-for-service and in addition to Medicaid care reimbursements per year.
- Participating providers must be:
1. Certified home health agency
2. Long term home health agency
3. Personal care provider
What Do EVV Requirements Mean for Your Business?
- Your Verification Organization (VO) and EVV does not have to come from the same vendor.
1. The State of New York does not certify or enroll EVV providers. Affected health care agencies have the freedom to choose an EVV solution that fits their needs and complies with state standards.
- A Verification Organization (VO) must ensure that the EVV system of New York agencies:
For more information on New York EVV requirements,
Call: Office of the Medicaid Inspector General
Abaqus, Inc. is a provider of a powerful platform, myGeoTracking, an EVV solution for in-home care providers. myGeoTracking leverages the advancements in the modern technology in the smartphones/sensors, apps, location-based services, and cellular communication to provide you with a scalable and robust in-home care workforce solution to help meet EVV requirements for Medicaid compliance.
If you have any questions or need additional information about the Electronic Visit Verification we offer, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 415-496-9436