Business needs seem to be ever changing – from evolving customer requirements to changing workforce devices and technologies. Businesses need mobile solutions and platforms that are versatile and can be easily adapted to their unique needs with minimal impact to back-office / IT support staff, optimal reuse of existing investments in devices & infrastructure, and no downtime for mobile employees in the field.
That’s why more and more businesses are turning to Cloud-based services like CRM and Data Back-up services – and increasingly, to Cloud-based mobile workforce management solutions where the rules of business services remain the same: services such as location monitoring and group messaging must be delivered across the entire organization with little or no impact to devices, carrier service plans, and back-office/IT staff. And to provide near universally coverage, it has work on most widely used feature phones and smartphones (iOS and Android phones), using both smartphone apps and *without* using apps, and be compatible across a wide range of cellular network providers from leaders like AT&T and T-Mobile, to smaller carriers like Boost and US Cellular – and even across cellular providers worldwide, from the same platform.
This kind of versatile Cloud-based location & messaging platform can be employed in industries such as Transportation, Government, Healthcare, Construction, Property & Facility Management, and for Small-to-Medium sized businesses with field services personnel and assets. Here are the many ways in which a location & messaging platform can benefit small and medium sized businesses:
- Use real-time cell phone tracking for easy mobile-resource-management to ensure high quality customer service.
- Use Web site and mobile messaging to enable fine-grained Privacy Controls for end-users.
- Enable accurate pick-up & delivery times while ensuring the optimal utilization of company vehicles and other assets.
- Use cell phones for time & attendance records (capture onsite arrival/departure times) and to improve employee productivity.
- Use features such as Geofencing to create automatic check-ins & checkouts from Customer job sites.
- Use messaging for real time information sharing, job dispatches and directives to field personnel
- Use data to review and optimize business operation e.g. efficient fuel consumption and just-in-time resource allocation.
- Use Reports and modern web APIs to Integrate live data, activity history and location intelligence into business processes and 3rd party back office systems to make improvements in overall business operations.